Saturday, August 21, 2004

Friday night musings (on Saturday morning)

Some interesting coincidences have been happening the past few days.

First I was out walking the dog, and I started thinking about my friend (former lj friend) , for no reason (and he hasn't posted in ages) and I decided that when I got home from the walk I would check my friends page and I would see a post by him and what do you know...

Then I was walking the dog on a day when I had decided to go to Michael's afterward and get some yarn, and what did I see while I was out walking the dog? A woman knitting. People don't knit in public a lot where I live. I went up and talked to her about it. Then later when I was at Michael's I was looking in the yarn section and I met someone who is on LJ in the crochet community.

Just some interesting synchronicity.

"Of course, when the sunrise comes, people don't usually shoot back at it."--Lewis Black

This was an interesting read.

Now, I have no intention of hating on Muslims or being racist against Middle Eastern people whatsoever, but there is this from the Book of the Law, from the chapter on the god of War and of Vengeance:

"I am in a secret fourfold word, the blasphemy against all gods of men.
Curse them! Curse them! Curse them!
With my Hawk's head I peck at the eyes of Jesus as he hangs upon the cross.
I flap my wings in the face of Mohammed and blind him.
With my claws I tear out the flesh of the Indian and the Buddhist, Mongol and Din.
Bahlasti! Ompedha! I spit on your crapulous creeds!"

BOTL, 3:49-54

What really got me thinking was this bit from the article (and here is where I'm gonna start talking about how it's the little things that fuck you up, not the big glaring things.):

"Secularists are Muslims who do not have a knowledge of the contents of the Koran and only know a verse or two to justify enjoying their life such as 'Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world.' These should be cursed right along with the others."

This rang a bell with me because my family (who wouldn't be caught dead in church) is very proud of telling people they live by the "Golden Rule" and that's good enough for them.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Now, my parents are the kind of people who treat everyone as fairly and as kindly as they know how in their day to day lives, and are often disappointed by the fact that others don't often do the same. It seems as though they save all their rage for each other (and sometimes me, but that's a whole nother issue.)

Anywho, the Golden Rule is from Matthew 7, which (like most of the bible) is promise-based injunctions, sort of "don't do this, or this will happen, do this, and this will happen."

What I wonder is, does living according to a promise-based platitude from a crapulous creed actually place someone under a curse? I don't necessarily mean a "curse" as in someone putting a hex on you, but is there a spiritual imprint that is left?

Getting back to the Muslims, the ideas in this article would explain the recent things I've been hearing about how the militant Muslims have been occupying mosques and stocking them with guns...

Just something to think about. In no way is this meant to encourage anyone to stop hating Bush by the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment