Sunday, May 16, 2021

Halston

 Binge-watching that Halston series on Netflix (soooo good!!!) Late 60s to Disco era. Sent me looking on YouTube for perfume reviews. When I get rich, I want to wear original Halston scent, which you can get at Marshall's and Gucci Premier which can be gotten at Sephora.

This put me in mind of my favorite perfume, Red Door. I once went into Niemann Marcus in the City (2024--what with all the businesses closing in San Francisco, I had to check, and yes, as of this posting, it's still there) with some of my church friends (we were having a girl's day out.)

I went straight to the perfume counter and and asked and asked if they carried Red Door. The lady said, in a perfect plummy Philipina accent, "That is Elizabeth Arden, you can find it at Macy's."

When I started getting interested in makeup and stuff, Macy's was the place to go--Clinique was the brand. It was also the place where you saw the very interesting Italian men at the fragrance counter.

All of a sudden, I had an attack of nostalgia for those times--why hadn't I tried to cultivate that side of myself when I was a teenager, like other girls? I should never have put so much energy into another person at the cost of developing my own personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment