Saturday, June 01, 2024

Something That's NOT About Trump...

I didn't have it on my bingo card for June that people were once again gonna be trying to cancel Adam Driver (if that's not what's happening, I apologize, not my intent to harm anyone in the rat fandom.)

I think (and this may be because a lot of us rats are on the younger side(not me I'm gonna be 58 this month)) people have trouble accepting everyone, and being a little gatekeep-ey about things.

It's not for me to tell everyone what to think, and there are a lot of things in this fandom I won't talk with other fans about because there are issues I'm pretty sure I would disagree with others on. You can look at my profile and tweets (if you've the stomach for that) and see that I have a lot of strong opinions that not every rat shares.

But you also won't see me "correcting" fellow fans or the like, because I know we're such a big group there are lots of different kinds of people in it, and people have a right to be who they are, and think what they want.

I almost didn't become an Adam Driver fan b/c I was pissed that he killed Han Solo. I was in the hospital when I saw it, they were having movie night in the community room and I actually stood up in my wheelchair and threw popcorn at the screen & started yelling.

But now this whole thing of who he's worked with in the past and who he might be working with in the future has people in a tailspin?

I know I made a joke about "don't hurt our precious pookie bear". And there are people in Hollywood that I also don't care for or agree with. But to let it affect who I *do* enjoy? 

Maybe I'm telling everyone what to think, but I just felt like saying, go easy on each other over this, it's just Twitter, it's just movies, a guy can work with people who are abusers or have wrong ideas (sometimes people with wrong ideas just misunderstand stuff, it doesn't make them evil.) without it affecting how great they are.

Unless he does something like murder his family, which I don't see happening (maybe if they get in the way of his *cereal* consumption, or take away his rotisserie chicken?) Adam Driver is pretty unproblematic to me.

I'll be a Driver rat till I die. Not that everyone else has to be, but go easy on each other. There's no reason to chop each other up over things.

No comments:

Post a Comment