Sunday, August 28, 2005

"Where have I been?!"

"Out of my brain on the 5:15!" (Guess the song lyric, budddies!)

So long time, no postee.

Sometimes life takes very swift turns.

My mom informed my dad that he has to move upstate with my brother, or she would get a lawyer. She is going to come home, which will be nice, and then she and I will be spending about six months or so getting the house (the house I've lived all my life in, the house my dad's lived in for 50 years) in shape to sell.

They are going to split things two ways, and apparently help me get some kind of place on my own, etc, til I can get on my feet or whatever. Or maybe she is going to buy a place and let me have a room, I don't know. As far as my own financial situation, money will be tight. The bail bonds office that I was working at turned out to be a bust. I worked there for about three weeks and the lady went psycho on me. I was too embarrassed to say it here. I have recently been doing house/pet sitting for friends and made a fair amount of $$$ that way, but I am hitting the job trail with even more earnest than I was before.

On that score, I recently had a very positive interview experience with Barnes & Noble. I am going to try to parley my four years of experience in various bookstores into a full time position at the new store opening up near my home. So I was at this job interview, and the guy was going around the room talking to people and while he was talking to me the woman who he'd just talked to leaned over and told him that I'd helped her and her daughter find books at the bookstore that I'd last worked at, and apparently I'd sent her on her way a very happy customer. I should possibly find out if I have the job sometime this week.

One of the upshots of all of this is that I won't be able to do the thing I've been talking about recently. I will have to spend all my time helping my mom or working. At the very least that means, with the exeption of private studying on my own, the other thing will have to go on the very back burner until my life is stable enough to take another stab at it in a year or two.

My mom and I usually get along pretty good, but with her Capricornian control-freak issues, I may wind up feeling like killing her, who knows. Keep on the lookout for some very interesting "venting" posts on that topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment