Tuesday, January 21, 2014

21st Century Problems

So I was succumbing to the "internet productivity" thing, forging ahead in the "quest for inbox zero",  diligently cleaning out my Gmail account, when something weird happened.

I was searching and deleting, getting rid of whole swaths of email I would never read.  Click, and gone were hundreds of crappy messages from the Democratic party, click, now giant blocks of pagan message board communiques erased.

After getting rid of a couple thousand emails, I thought I should surface in the front room, come up for air and get something to eat. A nice salad from the store, perhaps.

As I was eating, my brain started cycling over the task I had been doing.  Emails began to scroll through my head.  All of a sudden, I felt as though the part of my brain that was emotionally prepared to eat green onions was missing.

There was one in my mouth.  "This is crunchy in a way I'm not in the mood to deal with!" I thought.

Clearly, I am not the type of person who needs Google Glass...

No comments:

Post a Comment