Wednesday, November 01, 2023

AltNaNo!

 Well, I found this thing on Tumblr, and it occurred to me that if I want to get serious about blogging again I need to start doing something like this.

I've, always admired people that do NaNoWriMo every year, but I did question how people do it. I've actually been writing off and on since I was a little kid, and I couldn't write an entire novel in one month! 50, 000 words. Are some of them actually playing with the numbers? I can't fault them if they do, but it does make you wonder.

So my task this month is to write for 15 minutes a day, and to keep myself honest I will post it here every day. I have now gone past today's goal of 100 words, and now I'm just writing to fill up the 15 minutes...

...Six minutes, 45 seconds to go...what can I write at the end? I have some plans to re-establish my writing habits, let's see if this helps.

A little over five minutes...so one of my plans was to use this blog as the "sandbox" and post the cream of my writing on Substack, I have a couple of ideas about some stuff to write there. I even have plans to write a small ebook in the somewhat near future.

...Three minutes. This last bit is not as good as I'd like it to be, but at least I'm putting pen to paper...every minute that goes by, I'm at a loss for ideas...maybe I can write about having no ideas.

What can I write for one minute? Do I feel like an author now?

10 seconds...

9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

No comments:

Post a Comment