Sunday, February 27, 2005

So I've been thinking about all the crap I have to get done these days--look at this list:

  • Housework

  • Philosophy homework

  • Learning Tarot/magick

  • Reading and getting rid of books

  • Working on website and blogging

  • Getting a part-time job

  • Saving $$$

  • Walking the dogs at a decent hour

  • Doing craft projects--knitting, crocheting, learning new stitches, etc.

Amazing, says I. Thankfully, someone dropped this cool link (thanks, Sunfell!) and I followed the links and the upshot is that I've decided to start on David Allen's program. I know, yet another book to read--I'm one of those people that's always trying to finish eight books at the same time.

On that front, I'm about a third of the way through the Parsons bio, and this evening I was thinking about how a crater on the dark side of the moon is named after him. If I'm not careful, I may find myself becoming enamored with Jack Parsons. Something about a hot nerdy scientist, I dunno.

So I had that on my mind and pulled this card: The Moon. As I meditated on what it might have to say to me, I started thinking that it doesn't always mean self-deception, but imagination, and I started thinking of myself as that lobster, or another creature, rising out of that pond, and following that path between the towers, into the dark unknown.

I started thinking about other things like the Hundred Acre Wood, and the woods outside Hogwarts, where Harry Potter confronts Valdemort one evening when he's out wandering around.

I checked Waite's Pictorial Key, and it has this to say about the Moon:

The path between the towers is the issue into the unknown. The dog and wolf are the fears of the natural mind in the presence of that place of exit, where there is only reflected light to guide it.

The last reference is a key to another form of symbolism. The intellectual light is a reflection and beyond it is the unknown mystery which it cannot shew forth. It illuminates our animal nature, types of which are represented below--the dog, the wolf, and that which comes up out of the deeps, the nameless and hideous tendency which is lower than the savage beast. It strives to attain manifestation, symbolized by crawling from the abyss of water to the land, but as a rule it sinks back whence it came. The face of the mind directs a calm gaze upon the unrest below; the dew of thought falls; the message is: Peace, be still; and it may be that there shall come a calm upon the animal nature, while the abyss beneath shall cease from giving up a form.

No comments:

Post a Comment