Monday, September 19, 2005

Bob Larson and the Devil in New Orleans, and Gettining Paid vs. Dogwalking

It has come to my attention, via the fine folks at "A Current Affair", that evangelist Bob Larson is at it again. This time he isn't just trotting out his old bag of cheap exorcism tricks, he has stated that he is going to go to New Orleans to cast himself out a bunch 'o devils down there.

If you've never heard of the Good Mr. Larson, you've actually missed quite a laughfest. His radio show, "Talkback", ran during the late '80s and early '90s. This guy was actually kind of entertaining, conducting exorcisms via telephone! And he would bait people, choosing a different group every day to pick on, "You people with multiple body piercings, call in and tell me why you do this to yourself!", etc. So he would get punks, goths, straight ahead metalheads, occultists, polyamorous, and what have you to call in, and eventually he would get one that needed an exorcism.

I recall one guy, a musician in a death metal band, talking to him in a goofy accent, claiming to be possessed by a demon that called itself something that sounded like, "Chicken Gita". I remember thinking, "Now, who is pulling whose leg here? Or are they both working together on this?" And of course, Larson went to commercial break, commanding, "I want someone to call in with a thousand dollars for Bobby the possessed death-metal guy!" The balls!!! It was high-larious.

* * * * *

And in the Suck My Ass, You Heartless Gibrones Department: Well, last week they had me working at the bookstore, and then they put me on a call in basis, and this morning I was told that they were making cuts, and one of the things they were cutting was me.

(Sigh)Well, at least I made a few bucks to cover my school expenses. So I picked myself up off the floor, dusted myself off, and waltzed on over to my neighbors and asked for my old dog-walking job back. One of whom so far has taken me up on it, so I will at least have monthly travel $$$.

Things are not as black as they could get. Last week as well, the psycho I was working for before actually paid me the money she owed me. There is something to be said for a mother who has friends she can talk to so she can call the person on the phone and say, "Now you know, if you don't pay her, that you're in violation of state law number XYZ? And we will be seeing you in court."

I found out on Friday that the bookstore hired one of my friends from Book Market. If they don't treat her right, I'm just going to go postal on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment