Sunday, September 04, 2005

In the Court of the Crimson King...

Current mood: I don't know...

The wall on which the prophets wrote
Is cracking at the seams.
Upon the instruments of death
The sunlight brightly gleams.
When every man is torn apart
With nightmares and with dreams,
Will no one lay the laurel wreath
When silence drowns the screams.

Confusion will be my epitaph,
As I crawl a cracked and broken path.
If we make it we can all sit back and laugh.
But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying.
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying.

Between the iron gates of fate,
The seeds of time were sown,
And watered by the deeds of those
Who know and who are known:
Knowledge is a deadly friend
If no one sets the rules.
The fate of all mankind I see
Is in the hands of fools.

Confusion will be my epitaph,
As I crawl a cracked and broken path.
If we make it we can all sit back and laugh.
But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying.
Yes I fear tomorrow I'll be crying.
King Crimson: Epitaph

Today I went into a record store, thinking, "I should get a King Crimson cd."

I kid you not, when I went in, what was playing but "In the Court of the Crimson King"? Not something people just pull out and listen to these days. Seriously, that's the way it happened.

But that's not all. Check out what I tossed last night for The I Ching of Mi-Lo:

"51--The Arousing (Shock, Thunder)
Blitzkrieg! Neighbors are blown to smithereens.
If you can walk, you may get to safety.
Bam! Bam! Bam! Nonstop shocks! It's irritating, but you don't really get hurt. (!!!--Me)
Stuck in the mud. Nothing to fight. Nowhere to go.
Wow! That was a wakeup call! Change your ways and don't get caught snoozing again.
A shocking loss. It's terrible. There's nothing to do now but write it off (you'll get it back.)
Oh, man! That nearly scared me to death.
Haha. Thought you had me there, didn't you?"

I have been spending most of my time the past few days just reading blogs and surfing the net. I wish I could think of something pithy and wise to say, but words fail me. I'll bet Dubya is sorry they diverted those funds to repair the levee last year over to the war.

One of the people on my f-list had some very well-thought-out thinkin' that I thought I'd share with you.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment