Wednesday, March 15, 2006

"Based upon your actions, you have forfeited your right to live among us in society."

Yes! Yes! Yes!

What I was hoping for two years ago, has finally come to pass.

I even payed the .99 cent fee to watch the bastard plead for his life--and it was worth it! Whining like a little baby--"Drugs were all over when I was growing up!" Yeah, it was that way for a lot of people growing up, but the funny thing about that, you can choose not to take them!

I guess the reason that this whole thing burned my onions so much was that I saw the footage of him grabbing her near the car wash, in the middle of the afternoon. Conducting himself like he had every right in the world to do what he was doing. I hope he drops the soap in the shower and gets broomhandle-fucked and made to head up a fucktrain of big-dicked men.

(Edit on 6/4/06: This was originally a LiveJournal post that started an interesting discussion. In the interest of giving opposing opinions equal air time, I will recreate the discussion here.)

Hravan:
theres a candidate for a hollow point bullet and a man sized paper bag if ever I saw one

no point wasting collective resources keeping *that* alive...

Hermgirl: Plus, there is that whole aspect of his whining about his childhood in New York or whatever the problem was (like NY is a huge problem, I'd love living there.)

Ya know, some people have crappy childhoods, and when they get older, they leave it all behind! When you become a grownup, it's amazing what you can do when you leave the crap in the past where it belongs.

Uncleernie50: For someone i dont really know but only know online... I was still shocked to read this post. It should not surprise you that with my affinity for Phil Ochs i am adamantly anti-death penalty. (i.e. Paul Crump and Iron Lady) I too find myself concerned with the ideas of will, intention and motivation.. but i also attempt very hard to live in a world of no moral absolute. Every action from the first person perspective is justified to yourself. No matter how heinous it is to others.. A government has a right to prevent you from committing those acts.. but the moral judgement is the providence of individuals surrounding the action to have for themselves. Institutionalized morality leads to all sorts of dark paths.
Vengeance is not justice...

that being said... i'm sorry for proselytizing in your journal...

Hermgirl: No, that's ok. I can see how you would be surprised and shocked, seeing as I am politically lefty (I'm very pro-labor, for instance, anti-Bush, etc,) in the main.

However, I believe that morality is an individual thing, it cannot be legislated or compartmentalized. We may have laws, but I'm not sure there is such a thing as "institutionalized morality". Look at our president, I wouldn't call him a terribly moral individual, and I don't think he would ever become one, just by virtue of his being president.

As a Thelemite, I live by the words, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will." I believe in tempering my actions using my will and walking in love with all people.

Aleister Crowley wrote some very interesting things about the subject of will and morality, you might be interested in a little work called
Liber Oz
, to find out what some Thelemites, including myself, believe.

My personal interpretation of those things, is that everyone has a choice about how they're going to conduct themselves in this world. If you rape an eleven year old girl and take about five minutes to squeeze the life out of her body (That's a long time, five minutes. Long enough to really think about what you're doing and maybe even change your mind), don't come whining to the rest of us about how we should spare your life for the sake of your daughters.

I also believe that just because a person has one thing they believe, it doesn't necessarily mean they have to walk in lock-step with something a person, or a group of people believe. I believe the war in Iraq is wrong, and that Bush and his cronies are war criminals, but that doesn't make me a pacifist (even though I like Phil Ochs too, btw). I don't want to see Roe v Wade overturned, but that doesn't mean I don't consider myself a pro-lifer. Heck, while I'm on the subject of Crowley, someone I consider a metaphysical genius, he was a guy that got enough poon to start his own poon store, but myself I'm as celibate as the day is long.

For me, it is all about choices. Every man and woman is a star. The choices we make are what send us into our respective orbits, into the galaxies of our making.

Uncleernie50: Im finding this really wierd... i agree with your philosophy 100% yet i still cant see how it aligns at all with a pro death penalty stance. If everyone conducts their lifes based on concious choice than isnt every choice justified from the first person perspective? To me the idea of choking the life out of someone is abhorant and something i would never do. To this person it wasnt abhorant and was something that he wanted to do. And while we have a right to feel personal disgust on the action... and we also have a right to prevent that action from being repeated by incarcerating him. Do we have the right to cast life and death judgements on an action he felt justified in doing?

Hermgirl: Liber OZ

"the law of
the strong:
this is our law
and the joy
of the world." AL. II. 2

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." --AL. I. 40

"thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that, and no other shall say nay." --AL. I. 42-3

"Every man and every woman is a star." --AL. I. 3
There is no god but man.

1. Man has the right to live by his own law--
to live in the way that he wills to do:
to work as he will:
to play as he will:
to rest as he will:
to die when and how he will.
2. Man has the right to eat what he will:
to drink what he will:
to dwell where he will:
to move as he will on the face of the earth.
3. Man has the right to think what he will:
to speak what he will:
to write what he will:
to draw, paint, carve, etch, mould, build as he will:
to dress as he will.
4. Man has the right to love as he will:--
"take your fill and will of love as ye will,
when, where, and with whom ye will." --AL. I. 51
5. Man has the right to kill those who would thwart these rights.
"the slaves shall serve." --AL. II. 58

"Love is the law, love under will." --AL. I. 57

He was not behaving in accordance with his True Will. Love is the law--how is it loving to kill an eleven year old child? "Do that, and no other shall say nay."

And what about Carlie Brucia, and her right to live her life as she saw fit? Wasn't Smith casting a life & death judgement on her?

I hope you don't think I am trying to change your mind here, or castigate you because you believe differently from me. Just trying to help you understand my beliefs. I just realized what a raging harridan I sound like.

I don't know if I've ever revealed this to anyone here on the internets, but when I was a child, I was molested a few times. Ergo, I sort of take a jaundiced glee in seeing guys that do this sort of thing bite the big one.

Liber Spiritus: my take on this:

Judge: "You have been found guilty."

*guards take him out back and promptly shoot him*

justice served - case closed.

Leswamp: Blow his brains out and charge his fmily for the bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment