Sunday, February 22, 2004

Two Friday Fives, since it's Sunday afternoon...


  1. Are you superstitious?  NoSuperstition:  1 a:  a belief or practice resulting from ignorance, fear of the unknown, trust in magic or chance, or a false conception of causation   b:  an irrational abject attitude of mind toward the supernatural, nature, or God resulting from superstition    2:  a notion maintained despite evidence to the contrary      My beliefs do not come from ignorance or fear.

  2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstion?     I remember seeing people pay extreme amounts of money to go listen to people teach them superstitious ideas at seminars.  This is when I was in the Xian church.

  3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition?     In light of question #1, I don't know if this is an answerable question.

  4. Do you believe in luck?   Yes.   Do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ ritual?     Now this is something I do do more irrationally.  Whenever I see pennies, I pick them up, so all day long I'll have good luck.     As far as lucky clothing, I have this one orange teeshirt that I always get good responses from the menfolk (I will always remember that I was wearing this when I had my 30-second meeting with Counting Crows guitarist David Immergluck.  Much heat was being generated, my friends.  It was da hotness.) when I wear it.   Again, this is no irrationality, since the color orange is keyed to the second chakra, the chakra of sexuality and pleasure.  Oh yes.

  5. Do you believe in astrology?  Yes.     Why?   As a Gemini with Venus in Taurus (and that is all I remember about myself, astrologically) I feel that it is a good general indicator of personality.

 


 


When was the last time you...



  1. ...went to a doctor?   Twenty years ago, when I had coverage.

  2. ...went to a dentist?   Same answer.

  3. ...filled your gas tank?  I've never had one.

  4. ...got enough sleep?   Enough sleep?  What's that?  I don't even know how much sleep my body needs.

  5. ...backed up your computer?  Uhh, all I ever do is clear my cookies and defrag occasionally.  I do have Norton Antivirus sofware.

This last Friday Five made me feel like a homeless bum...

No comments:

Post a Comment