Monday, January 31, 2005

Sunday Night (or Monday Morning) Tarot Hoedown

First, (since I don't have much to offer this week,) I thought I'd share some Tarot links that I think are really good. With the exeption of Aeclectic, these are ones that don't usually get the
airtime they deserve.

Aeclectic Tarot

Church of Tarot

Supertarot

Tarot Corner

Tarot Traditions

Tarot Passages

Tainted Tarot


Next, as promised, I will demonstrate the use of the Soul Questions spread. I did the reading for this on Friday night, when (as usual--you guys know me) I was up waaaay too late since I had to be up and ready to go somewhere at 7:30. You will note that the cards seem to take me out to the woodshed.

While a sound drubbing might make for an interesting evening in some quarters and at appropriate times, you've heard me say it before: sometimes the cards just kick my ass.

Consider this an object lesson: When you get a reading that is not quite a happy affair, you may not want to discount what the cards are telling you out of hand. After all, this is your subconscious speaking to you, saying things you might want to say to yourself if you had yourself sitting in a chair right in front of you.
  1. King of Pents, reversed--Danger, Will Robinson! Your faculties are dulled and open to corruption.

  2. Four of Cups--Possiblities are there, but you need to get out of your own way first.

  3. Moon--Your overactive imagination is working against you, kid.

  4. Nine of Swords--You are wallowing in the mire of
    despondency--once again, get out of your own way and have a little
    faith in yourself.

  5. The Hermit--You have the capacity to share the secrets you have with others.

  6. King of Swords, reversed--Don't be selfish and cruel--you could be setting yourself up for a fall.
This is basically saying, "Listen, silly, I'm not gonna give you a reading when you are up so late when you have to get up early the next day!"

I am abandoning my purpose by staying up late. I wasn't feeling right about doing the reading. I was decieving myself and so not utilizing my talents well. I was very unhappy about not having enough time, just need faith in my abilities.

One bright spot about this reading was it told me I could utilize this to share my foibles with others, and thereby pass on a little knowledge that way.

It tells me that my staying up late is a manifestation of bad selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment