Wednesday, October 06, 2004

My mom came home from work today with a bunch of moving boxes. She is leaving Dad and me this week, going to live in her own apartment. She had hinted around that she might do this but I didn't think it would be so soon.

She has been very unhappy living here, in many ways our house is not a very good place to live. You see, my dad is a very bad pack-rat.

Our kitchen is practically unusable--only one person can be cooking or doing anything like that at one time, and forget about having guests over, because the kitchen table is buried underneath stuff. We can't go into the garage anymore to wash clothes, we have to have dad go out there and do it for us.

Our back yard is better than it has been, but that is only because a couple of years ago some neighbors called the city and the city got on my dad's ass.

So I don't blame my mom one bit. And I love my parents very much, and in many ways we get along very well together, but they definitely have their problems. When my mom told me I just said well, I just want you to be happy no matter what you do.

Having said all of this, I also feel like a heavy weight is being lifted off my shoulders. You see, my mom has often taken her anger at my dad out on me. She is a controlling Capricorn, he is a Gemini, like me, (this is a BAD romantic combination, folks!) and I don't think they've gone a day of my life without having at least a minor argument.

I talked to my dad about it, and I said, "It's gonna be ok, Pop, just you and me, we'll be fine."

I am going to miss her, but I am not going to miss the controlling, energy-sucking (she's a bit of a psychic vampire) thing she does.

So, I did a five-card draw on the situation: Queen of Pentacles (the Capricorn Queen shows up!), Justice, 9 of Cups, King of Pentacles, and 5 of Wands, reversed.

So basically, she's seeking balance and happiness, and taking decisive action. I feel like the 9 of Cups means that she will find this (whenever I see 9 of Cups in a reading, I say you'll get your wish.) 5 of Wands reversed--there will definitely be more arguing before this is over. But basically, I think things will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment